- Ela Senghera
Finding Your Purpose
For many of us with a new year comes a fresh need for finding fulfilment in life. For some of us, this means - seeking our true purpose, something larger than us that will give our life a whole new meaning... However, it can be a daunting task. It's easy to feel overwhelmed and somewhat lost when it comes to looking for a purpose in life... So where to start? Let's start by defining the meaning of Purpose.
Purpose is a desired result or outcome that an individual strives for. It is the reason behind their actions, and their decisions and helps us define the intended direction.
'' The Meaning of life is to Find Your Gift. The Purpose of life is to Give it Away '' - Pablo Picasso
So where are you at? Perhaps you are currently searching for your life purpose. Finding a life purpose is not a simple task but can bring a real sense of fulfilment and accomplishment. It can really add value to our lives and can help to combat feelings of depression or anxiety. It can help us by providing us with a sense of identity, a source of encouragement and support during difficult times. If you are a little lost and not sure where to start...
Here are 3 STEPS to help you get started:
1. Identify Your Values: The first step to finding purpose and fulfilment is to identify your core values. What do you value most in life? What kind of life do you want to create for yourself? Take time to think about these questions and write down your answers.
2. Take Action: Once you have identified your values, it’s time to take action. Think about ways you can start living according to your values. For example, if you value health, start exercising or eating healthier foods. If you value relationships, make an effort to connect with others, if you love creating start writing a blog or making videos.
3. Pursue Your Passions: Find something you’re passionate about and pursue it. This could be a hobby, sport, career, or anything else that brings you joy. When you focus on something you’re passionate about, you will feel energised and happy. Before you know it, it will become part of your daily routine.
HOW TO STICK TO YOUR PURPOSE ONCE YOU FOUND IT?
1. Make a plan of action. Write down what you need to do to reach your goal. Break it down into achievable steps you can take daily or weekly. Set dates for when you want to reach each step.
2. Set reminders. Set reminders to review your plan and goals and keep yourself on track. Use a calendar, your mobile phone or pen and paper, whatever works for you. The key thing is that you are consistent in your actions.
3. Make yourself accountable. Make yourself accountable by sharing your purpose with a mentor or friend, or by signing up for a class or a support group that will help you stay on track.
4. Celebrate your successes. Celebrate your successes along the way and remind yourself why you are following your purpose. This will really help once you start doubting your ability to succeed.
5. Stay focused. Stay focused on your purpose and remind yourself of the bigger picture. Avoid getting distracted and keep your focus on your goal.
6. Don’t give up. Don’t give up when things get tough and keep pushing yourself to reach your goal. Remember that everyone who is successful today had to start in the same place - at the beginning. Rome wasn't built in a day!
If you feel that you need additional resources why not join our newsletter or listen to our podcast? We release new content every week.